Wet Carpet Rear Driver Side

Hello,

As you can see, it is heavy raining in Arkansas. This morning I found the rear driver side carpet wet but not a sea of water. Its the only place that is wet. Not the roof, nowhere else. Any idea where the water could be coming from ? Door seal maybe ? [screwy] I have a 318i Sedan. Thanks.

Last edited:

William330

Looking at your link, it seems the solution was to:

"Get under your door and clean out the hole in the front of the bottom edge."

And the door didn't need to be taken apart?

Looking at your link, it seems the solution was to:

"Get under your door and clean out the hole in the front of the bottom edge."

And the door didn't need to be taken apart?
If I have time today, I will check on the vapor barrier to see if It is well glued. I mean the glue is 12y old so ... I'll let you know. And I visually checked front and rear hole in the door, nothing wrong with them.

If I have time today, I will check on the vapor barrier to see if It is well glued. I mean the glue is 12y old so ... I'll let you know. And I visually checked front and rear hole in the door, nothing wrong with them.
Well .. I got it ! vapor barrier got unglued at some point, that's why the water was leaking on the wrong side of the door ... hopefully, that was it. I'll check on it next heavy rain [rolleyes]

yeah i have the same problem with my 2003 5 series. still cant figure out what it is caused by. any suggestions on how to stop it because the warranty has been over for about a year?

yeah i have the same problem with my 2003 5 series. still cant figure out what it is caused by. any suggestions on how to stop it because the warranty has been over for about a year?
You should check the vapor barrier to see if It is unglued at some point or if the hole down the door is obstructed. Check the following link, you have a step by step with pics on how to do it:

http://www.louv.tv/cars/m5/leakydoor/leakydoor.html

Hope this help[:)]

Here we go again ...

Well "Gustav" is on my car lately ... and the carpet is getting wet once again so I took a picture to show you all where the water is coming from. Door seal failure ? The vapor barrier has been reglued, did I miss it ? If someone has a probable explanation, I'm on my way to give up [:(]

Attachments