Headlight Replacement?

Hello, one of my highbeams just went out in my sweet 84 325e, instead of replacing them with the sealed beam light(the stock one that you cant just change the light bulb) I was thinking of getting a kit from www.eurolights.com that changes the housing so that you can change the bulb. But then, on this link http://www.importvision.com/PickAccessories.php?PartMake=BMW
i found the E30 euro ellipsoids smiley lights. are these real and is this a good deal and are they sealed or can you change the bulbs. any suggestions? thanks

P.s. anyone ever buy anything off of www.eurolights.com

if u can spend the money, go for the euro ellips and buy some OSRAM silverstar bulbs [thumb] (NOT SYLVANIA... it's a different fitment i believe... plus the osrams are actually brighter, even though it's the "same" bulb... because the osrams don't have a light blue coating on the bulb)

later, if u want, they can be modified and fitted w/ a true xenon kit (biiig bucks though) [:D]

ditto, I have run both setups. I have HID now and that kicks ass but back when I had the Osram Silverstars people thought i had HID because they were very bright.

Euro ellips all the way, then you get a cool citylights in the top of them and the center "eye" looks cool. Plus the beam pattern lights the side of the road unbelievably well.

Hey, I would like to add that I would not recommend buying those though. Those have to be an aftermarket non hella or bosch light. Prolly InPro, I can speak from experieince that InPro makes low qual stuff. I would rec, getting used Hella or Bosch lights from Ebay.

Last edited:
now if you want, u can just get the US ellips, but you'll have to do a SLIGHT mod to the osram bulbs if u wanna run those instead of the sylvanias... all u really need is a razor blade i believe...

the only drawback between the US & the euro ellips is that they don't have the cool little city light & they don't have the little smiley cutout, which FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND (i'm sure ryan will back me up if i'm correct or let me know if i'm wrong) lets light from the bulb slip out the bottom of the assebly so that it illuminates the road directly in front of the car a little better... almost as if u had mini fog lights

yeah, youre pretty much right. The reason we have those cutouts is there is no diffuser on the center eye to shoot light down. so that cutout lets light go down. THe us ellips do a good job of lighting in front of the car, its just down the road and to the side the euro ones really rule.

Smoked owns alll tooooooo!!!!! [:o)]

at first I figured just smoked on dark cars but I have yet to see a color that they dont look good on. I think its cause they are smoked instead off all black they are less agressive.

Here is what pete and I are talking about just in case you are thuroughly confused (you can see the citylight at top and the smile he is talking about on bottom):

They look dark gray at a distance.

Wow, thanks a lot, so you guys think go with the euros if i can buy them but if i cant then get the u.s. ones? where would i get either one of those?where did you get yours?thanks alot

P.s. should i not buy those lights from www.eurolights.com, they are just the same housings but they make it so you can change the bulbs. are they crappy? and would i be better buying the u.s. ellipsoids over them( thats under the usumption that i dont get the euros)??? thanks a lot guys, you make this a lot easier!!!!

I would just recommend getign a true OEM brand like Hella or Bosch. I've seen a lot of aftermarket lenses and things dont always fit tight. Lights can rattle and such.

Both the US and Euro ellips are much better than sealed beams. You can find both on ebay and some places sell them new (although they are expensive).