Looking For E36 M3

T88racer

I am looking for a E36 M3 for about 12$ what are my odds of finding one that is not beat to death and can I tell. How long does the stock e36 cluch last for ? thanks

You can find a 95-96 model in decent condition to fit your budget. When you see the car in person, examine it thoroughly. Look at the body (the paint), ask about accidents and run a CarFax online, checkout the interior (the condition of thea leather, the dash, etc.), perform a penny test on the tires to make sure they still have some on them...it's kind of annoying to buy a new car and immediately have to buy new tires and other wear-and-tear items for it like that.
As for the clutch life, I really have no idea...it depends on the car and how it was driven. Typically, you should get at least 50K miles out of an average clutch, and most people will laugh at that number as there are people who have put 120K miles on one clutch and it still wasn't finished yet....but there are people who have had to replace their clutch at a mere 30K miles (even Car & Driver had to have the clutch on their 350Z replaced at 30K).