Performance Brake Set-Up

Can anyone recommend a quality performance pad and rotor set-up for street use on the Z3? Its time to change my pads so I thought I would upgrade them and change the rotors while I was at it. But with the dizzying array of options available for pads (Mintex, Pagid, Hawk, Axxis, etc), and rotors (slotted versus drilled, drilled versus countersunk drilled, ATE, TMS, Frozen, Bavarian Autosport, etc) I'm having a difficult time making up my mind.

I'm looking for personal experience as well as any article or comparison tests you might know of. Do the drilled rotors really crack under street use? Is it worth the added money for drilled or slotted over rotors with a plain surface? I don't plan on tracking the car (mostly because I'm terrified of developing subframe issues), but I do enjoy pushing the limits of safe street driving.

Thoughts?

Big Daddy

And you will benefit nothing from drilled rotors. I just replaced my rotors with Brembro's vented, no slots, no holes. Frozen rotors are good, but for what they cost you could replce them three times using Zimmerman or ATE's. They are only about $44.00 for the fronts and $38.00 for the rears on your car from Arizona Autohaus.

I use green stuff pads. Red stuff is also good, but be aware that you will probably experience faster rotor wear with red stuff. Also, ceramic pads do not brake as well as stock pads when they are cold, they need to be up to temperature to get the superior performance - there are always trade offs, nothing is for free. You'll have to decide if you'll keep them at "optimum temperature" under normal street driving.