Quote on brakes, oil and light-High?

I just got back from my local BMW dealer and they said that for brake pads to replace it will cost a couple thousand and for oil changes a few hundred dollars. I should have asked how many times he was referring to, but I was confused. This seemed high to me because when I drove a Volvo, the oil change was only $65 for synthetic. Does anyone know if he meant for a few times or are the brakes and oil that expensive to do? Also, one of my lower lights in the front was busted out and he quoted me for $360, does this sound right too? Thank you to anyone who can help.

Big Daddy

If you are a Do-it-yourselfer it can be real reasonable, the pads and parts can be purchased at AutoHaus Arizona, one of our sponsors. They sell Zimmerman rotors for about $65.00 ea., $99.00 for front pads OEM and about $57.00 for rears OEM. The brake pad sensors are about $15.00 ea for your car, add some brake lubricant and parts cleaner and you can do all four yourself with rotors for about $450.00.

For an oil change you need 7 qts of oil and a filter, consider if you did it it would cost about $50.00 at the most! So now you know why I do not go to a dealer for these things!