Tinting Removal

pogiboy9

Hey everyone whoever is listening or reading, i'm removing my tinting so far its been alright, but slow. At first i used a Heat Gun which loosened the purple or blue layer, and 2nd the clear part i guess, which is a pain in the butt, although i have to use a blade i have to be careful because i don't want to cut the defrost lines, anyone got any tips on how to remove them faster?

That second clear layer is glue. The tint is applied by getting it wet, putting on the window and using a squeegee to get the bubbles out. Since the glue is water soluble you may be able to get a lot of it off with water and a cloth.

Steve

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
As long as you have the heat gun, Take a wet cloth (preferably cold water) and press it up against the window. find some way to hold it there (try not to use tape, the adhesive will melt to the window and make an even bigger mess), using the heat gun, heat the moist towel so it acts like a steam machine. If this is to pain staking, go rent a steam powered wallpaper stripper (they have them at most hardware stores). take the dispersal tray off (there is just a nut attaching it to the hose) and using the hose, move it back and forth over the entire window.

I was able to peel off the tinting, leaving the adhesive residue. I used denatured alcohol solvent (and PLENTY of ventilation) to remove the residue. Gasoline would work as well, but who uses gasoline to clean things anymore? The tint was on the rear window, and my defogger still works; every element heats up.

pogiboy9

K thnx guys ill try those, i use Paint Stripper to remove the GLUE residue, but i need to take off the 2nd film ill try the Cloth and HeatGun somehow, but man the heat gun is hot ....[B)]