US Delivery Dates

noblecasa

Dear Grey....

I'm not sure what I did, but...My 645 is arriving Feb 14 and is scheduled to transport from Charleston, SC on 2/21. My dealer informs me that it will take 2-3 days transit time and then it's mine. I am hoping that I will have the keys by 2/26/2004.

Richard

U.S. Delivery Dates

Well, I hope you do. If you do, please let me know.

This would put your delivery ahead of the 50 Neiman Marcus buyers and their stated 26 March delivery date. Word is most U.S. dealers won't even get their demos in until the end of February, and with the Neiman Marcus deliveries on 26 March, the rest of us fall in behind that.

Mine will be delivered at the Zentrum performance center in South Carolina, so that may be what's holding up my delivery a bit. But it was onboard ship in late January, so unless it's on a ship with lots of mail to deliver, it is in Charleston by now.

Enjoy your new car. I will mine, whenever it comes in.

noblecasa

Grey,

There was 614 BMW's on the vessel RESOLVE. From what I could tell, it was a mix of 645's and 330's, 325, etc. According to my dealer, ALL of the 645's are scheduled to be trucked out of SC on 02/21. BMW wanted to make sure that the dealers received them at the same time. As far as the Neiman Marcus edition, I was under the impression that they have already been delievered. ( I could be wrong.)

Unfortunately, the Wallenius Wilhelnsen (shipping company) website has been down since the morning of 02/14. As a result, we can't check the status of RESOLVE and our cars.

This coming week will prove to be one of the longest weeks of my life. But once the cars are trucked...it should be 2-3 days from that point.

Hang in there...

Richard

noblecasa

noblecasa said:
Grey,

There was 614 BMW's on the vessel RESOLVE. From what I could tell, it was a mix of 645's and 330's, 325, etc. According to my dealer, ALL of the 645's are scheduled to be trucked out of SC on 02/21. BMW wanted to make sure that the dealers received them at the same time. As far as the Neiman Marcus edition, I was under the impression that they have already been delievered. ( I could be wrong.)

Unfortunately, the Wallenius Wilhelnsen (shipping company) website has been down since the morning of 02/14. As a result, we can't check the status of RESOLVE and our cars.

This coming week will prove to be one of the longest weeks of my life. But once the cars are trucked...it should be 2-3 days from that point.

Hang in there...

Richard

noblecasa

Grey,

You have only one night to go. Have a great day tomorrow. I hope that your car comes to you precfectly and that you don't have any problems whatsoever....

Good luck,

Richard

Arrival dates--

Well, I don't think it's just the Performance Center delivery...I think that 2 April is the first date available after the U.S. Launch date.

Thanks for the good wishes. I hope it is a trouble free car, and I drive it happily ever after.

Enjoy your ride!

noblecasa

Grey,

As you're enjoying your new car...here's the bad news for the 6's...

As of now...they are on hold at the port until at least March 8....At that time, they will be trucked to their respective dealer for preparation of the Launch...

So it looks like I won't see my 6 for at least another 2-3 weeks...Ug.

Therefore, you'll just have to enjoy your car by yourself..

Launch date

My car is here, "in final preparation".

I think they will be "preparing" it for the next 6 weeks. And this will be just another name for we are going to release the cars at the previously stated launch date, 26 March, I think.

I think the additional wait for me [2 April] date represents the additional scheduling for picking up my car at the Performance Center.

Like everybody, I would like it today, but I think the Performance Center will be fun.

noblecasa

Grey Coupe,

Here we are March 4, and I still don't have my car. I have been watching the BMW website change my ESTIMATED DELIVERY DATE over and over again. Currently, it is set for March 22, 2004. I guess it's just as well as I will be out of town until March 21. So, with a lot of fingers crossed, perhaps it will arrive on the 22nd. But I won't be surprised if it get's delayed again.

Regards,

Richard

U.S. Launch date

Well, good luck.

As I understand it 26 March is the U.S. launch date of the car. The cars promised to dealers as demos by the end of February have not been delivered. I am being told that dealers are not receiving their shipments until shortly before the launch date to prevent inadvertent early releases of the car before the Neiman Marcus cars are delivered to those who ordered them early.

My dealer, who set up the Performance Center delivery tells me that they may delay actual deliveries to dealers until just days before 26 March.

noblecasa

Dear Grey,

That seems to make sense. As my estimated delivery day is 03/22, that indeed is just days before the 26th. My dealer has promised me all along, (for whatever it is worth), that when it comes in, it's mine. And he may be right. What he is not saying is that it probably won't come in until the 26th...

At this point it doesn't matter. I'll be out of town until the 21st.and I'll be ready when my 6 is ready....Can't wait!!!

noblecasa

Finally. My own 645

Thursday 4:00am Leave for airport
5:30am Enroute to BMW Dealer. North Florida panhandle
9:30am Arrive. See 'MY' car in showroom
1:30am Depart dealer showroom enroute on 600 mile journey home!
Friday 2:30pm Arrive home (near Fort Lauderdale)

WHAT A CAR!!!

That little guy holding his own 645Ci, is my son, Evan. We had such a great two days together, starting from the airplalne rides on Thursday, but ALL the way home on Friday.