2003 Z4 Drivetrain Question

Hello,
I have a question about a drivetrain noise I have and was looking for any advise from ya'll. When shutting off the car in gear and the cluch engaged I have no issue. BUT when I went to store the car this year I carefulley put it in its spot and for some reason did just the opposite. After a complete stop, emergency break on, I took it out of gear and of course the clutch is NOT ingaged and shut off the car and heard this " Clanking Noise".
I only hear the noise when shutting off the car and it is not in gear.
I went to my BMW dealer and I have been told this is a NORMAL noise and not to worry it is a known common noise in the Z4's. I asked them to show me the same common noise in some cars they had on the lot and they can't produce the same issue.
Has anyone else had this happen? Do I except the dealers response and put the issue to rest?

A little about the car.... I bought it used "certified" from the dealer its a 2003 Z4 3.0 had 13k miles when I bought it and at 16k miles and not even the 3rd car payment.... I noticed this issue. Thanks for any advise, Mike.