528i M Coupe

db69vette

Greatings.... I'm the proud owner of a 2000 528i M coupe... not to be confused with an M5. I looked on line to see exactly what this mean... the M Coupe, and haven't found much. Basiclly what I think it means is that I have an "M" on the steering wheel and low profile wheels.... Does anyone know what the differances are between the 528i and 528i M Coupe?

jonnel540

ok please think about what you just said. a 528 coupe? either you are a complete insult to bmw owners all over the world or you want some attention and started aforum about a made up car. every 5 series ever made has 4 or 5 doors. and i dont think i need to define coupe for you do i? think. dont waste my air.

Easy there cowboy... I've been driving a convertible saloon for years, and I've seen tonnes of 5 series coupes.
I just got off of the phone with a friend of mine that works at BMW AG in Munich....... BMW has never made a 2 door 5 series. Not so say that they dont exist...... usually an aftermarket rear door delete.

And in answer to the thread starters questions....... The only difference is that there are some M components on the car....... the only possible performance upgrade would be a sportier suspension. The rest is all cosmetic. All that being said... post some pics and welcome to the club.

hiya

Greatings.... I'm the proud owner of a 2000 528i M coupe... not to be confused with an M5. I looked on line to see exactly what this mean... the M Coupe, and haven't found much. Basiclly what I think it means is that I have an "M" on the steering wheel and low profile wheels.... Does anyone know what the differances are between the 528i and 528i M Coupe?
yes you have the m package trim wheels, steering wheel, also the trims around the windows are black instead of silver or chrome.

bmwmedic

Geez guys, take a valium. Yes he may be jerking our chain but I believe he is perfectly sincere AND PERFECTLY REASONABLE
Lord, he obviosly has a SPORT MODEL duh, which could quite reasonbly be called a M something. Yes he has low profile tires on sport wheels and a big fat M on his steering wheel
JUST LIKE MINE
He is only mistaken about the "coupe" part, but give him a break, "coupe" is a confusing word to lots of folks, and there are FOUR DOOR COUPES!!
It now more a reference to frameless door windows.
Anyway you have a 528i sedan with "M" sport package (the only sport package for that year and model)
Your car is also called a "five series" as in "I have an 01 five series"
and finally insiders call it an E39 which means a five series of the body type made from
95 to 03 or so. Try wikipedia for the history of the 5 series and WELCOME.
Buy some Nomex underwear and post anytime!