97 M3 worth buying?

Is a 97 M3 worth buying or should I just save the money and wait for the newer M3 to come out???

I would really appreciate some help with this question. Also if you guys could explain why I should get a 97 M3 over a 95 M3 other than the fact that its newer and such. I've heard some talk about the difference in computers and displacement but thats it. Thanks

[:D]

Tom

Staff Team
PhatBimmer said:
Is a 97 M3 worth buying or should I just save the money and wait for the newer M3 to come out???

I would really appreciate some help with this question. Also if you guys could explain why I should get a 97 M3 over a 95 M3 other than the fact that its newer and such. I've heard some talk about the difference in computers and displacement but thats it. Thanks

[:D]
I believe the two main difference between the 95/96 and 97+ are 3.0 vs 3.2 liter and ODB I vs ODB II. Everything else is just minor cosmetics like revised grills, instrument clusters, etc..

The 3.2 offers more torque, but the 3.0 with ODB I offers a broader range of performance modifications.

But if I got the 97 M3, it wouldn't be good or what because a neighbor of mine is selling it and I'm interested and hes' only got a 97. I don't know how many miles but I'm looking forward to checking it out and stuff. If the 97 is not a good modifier then I guess I might as well just never get a M3 until the newer one [:(], I really just badly want an M3 [:D]

im in a similar dilema. I can afford a 99 M3 Cab, but i am torn b/c as i understand it the e36 is a "good" choice, but not the Monster that the e46 is. I really dont want to wait much more then beyond May, and given finances it looks like the e36 will be the right choice for now. Unless anyone can give me a really solid reason to not get an e36.

I'm going to definately wait. I've decided on buying a 330i w/ M package...I don't have the money nor want to pay the insurance for the new M3 plus plus I don't want to buy one yet until I become a very good driver and want to take some driving schools and such and such. What do you guys think on my decision?

I'd like to help you Papa but seems that buying that 99 M3 is a better deal than me buying that 97 M3 [thumb]

Thanks for the vote Phattie!! After looking around it looks like an e36 cab, is the way to go for me. The only real downside is that the M3Cab was never available in Canada. So it looks like im buying it in the good old US of A. Hopefully Dub-ya dosent close the borders again.