Breaks are squeaking

westside

Hi, All.

This is my first post, and I apologize if this is the wrong place. Last week I got my first BMW, a 2006 CPO 330i. I love the car. It runs great, and is worlds above any car I've owned before. The only problem (besides not having a long enough drive to work) is that the breaks squeak. It seems to come and go, but if I lightly press the break it seems the worst. I never hear the squeak when I break hard. I've read other places that it's normal, and could go away with time, but I wanted to know if this is a known issue, or something I should take in to get checked out. I got an extended warranty because of the CPO, but I'm still 25k miles under the factory warranty so I figure work like that would be covered, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

-Will

Big Daddy

A lot of metallic and ceramic brakes will squeal or squeak when cold, and or under light braking. If it is annoying you take it in and complain, you have the warranty!

Congrats and welcome!

I don't think this is a known problem specific to the E90, so there's no reason to live with it. Have it looked at.

wonder15

I have a set of OEM Style 189 wheels off my 335i (without tires). They are 18x8 (f) and 18x8.5 (r) and they have only about 2,000 miles on them. As you can see from the pictures below they are in near new condition. They DO come with TPMS installed on every wheel and OEM BMW Roundel center caps.

They make a perfect upgrade for anyone looking to go to 18s or if you are looking for winter wheels. They go for about $1800 or so new. I am asking $800 plus shipping. If paypal works best for you, please add 3%.
[urlCommercial link removed[/url]
Steve Savard

Last edited by a moderator:
Will, I'm having similar squeaking/squealing issues with my brakes, too. Only happens when I'm coasting or accelerating. Not when I'm braking. I've had my 2007 335xi in for service, and have asked to have the brakes checked, but the dealer has said there's nothing wrong with the brakes. Said that maybe it's brake dust stuck under the calipers, and to just use a jet nozzle to spray between the rotors and calipers next time I clean my wheels (which I do every weekend, since I have incredible amounts of brake dust). I'm concerned that maybe a caliper is out of whack. Can anyone else shed light on this??[rolleyes]

Patty

Hi, All.

This is my first post, and I apologize if this is the wrong place. Last week I got my first BMW, a 2006 CPO 330i. I love the car. It runs great, and is worlds above any car I've owned before. The only problem (besides not having a long enough drive to work) is that the breaks squeak. It seems to come and go, but if I lightly press the break it seems the worst. I never hear the squeak when I break hard. I've read other places that it's normal, and could go away with time, but I wanted to know if this is a known issue, or something I should take in to get checked out. I got an extended warranty because of the CPO, but I'm still 25k miles under the factory warranty so I figure work like that would be covered, but I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

-Will