Floor Mats?

Question... I just bought a new '08 335i with the following packages and accesories. Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Auto Tranny, Ipod/USB Interface, and Sat Radio.
The dealer told me that I didn't specify floor mats, and that they are not standard equipment. Is this normal practice, or is the dealer yanking my chain?

Thanks,

Mike

William330

I believe "officially" the mats are not included, as this has come up before with me as well. And if I recall, the mats are itemized separately on the window sticker.

That said, after a lengthy haggling session, an exhausted dealer manager said, "We've never had a car leave this dealer without mats, you'll get the mats."

So you should push back, even to the point of delivery day, to see if they will actually let the car leave the dealer without mats.

Or have you taken delivery with no mats? If so, Big Daddy's advice is spot on.

aklmnkn

Question... I just bought a new '08 335i with the following packages and accesories. Premium Package, Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Auto Tranny, Ipod/USB Interface, and Sat Radio.
The dealer told me that I didn't specify floor mats, and that they are not standard equipment. Is this normal practice, or is the dealer yanking my chain?

Thanks,

Mike
they should have thrown in the mats with purchase of new car.. yes they are yanking your chain

grrr... Thanks for all of the input. I think that I am too far into ownership to give the car back as Big Daddy suggests, and I'm not sure that a lawyer is necessary over $110 floor mats. Still it grinds a nerve. The car will be returning to the dealership this week or next to have the sat radio installed. I don't see me leaving without a set of mats in the car.

Mike