how to get best time

laryred said:
whats the best way to launch a 3.0 with steptronic to get best 1/8th mile time and how hard is it on the car
1. top up
2. less than 1/4 gas in tank
3. extra junk removed from car, including spare tire and tool kit
4. engine warmed up well (including tranny fluid)
5. A/C off of course

if your really desprate to get that done go to bavauto.com and get the supercharger ...that will give you atleast 360 bhp at the crank

but it will burn a $7000 hole in your wallet

grc

about a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes for a tow truck. like Big Daddy says, these cars are not factory drag cars. the rear suspention, chassis and driveline were not engineered to stay with John Force, but they're almost as expensive to replace.

Not to hijack a thread . But.
What is the widest size rim that I could fit on a 97 z3 { rear}. The rims on it now are fine with the exception that the rears look like they need to be alittle wider. They are not quite wide enough to fill out the wheel well. They are the factory rims.

Big Daddy

jeff priest said:
Not to hijack a thread . But.
What is the widest size rim that I could fit on a 97 z3 { rear}. The rims on it now are fine with the exception that the rears look like they need to be alittle wider. They are not quite wide enough to fill out the wheel well. They are the factory rims.
What engine do you have, if it is a 2.8 and you have the 17 inch wheel option you can put up to a 265 on the rear. However this will mess with the DSC and you will need to have it reprogramed. To avoid this you have to use "plus sizing" which means larger rim sizes.

Big Daddy

But you still did not say of you had 17 inch rims??? I had a 97 Z3 with the 2.8 and it came with the same rim sizes that the M has, I believe 9.5 inches in the rear, you do not need anything bigger than that or you are going to have rubbing issues.

Are there any vendors that you know of that sell them? I would like to go with 17 in. all around, as wide in the back as possible without rubbing, and in the front also. Would you say I could run a 8 in. wide rim in the front?

jeff priest said:
Are there any vendors that you know of that sell them? I would like to go with 17 in. all around, as wide in the back as possible without rubbing, and in the front also. Would you say I could run a 8 in. wide rim in the front?
check tirerack.com and even ebay has some good prices sometimes..