looking at getting 97-98 1.9 z3

playboy

Hi! Im looking at getting into the beamer world. Have mostly trucks and hondas before but im ready for something nicer.

The z3 has caught my eye due to the price and the gas milage of the 4 cylinder and i want a small convertable. Speed isnt that big of a concern for me.

Im looking at getting this as a daily driver and need it to be reliable. I am able to do most of the maintenance/repairs and from what ive seen the z3 doesnt look too complicated.

It seems like most people are pretty happy with the z3. I have also been looking into boxsters but it looks like they are not very reliable and alot of people have major problems with them.

Is there anything to look out for in a 97-98 1.9 litre? Where would be the best place to buy it from. I can travel anywhere really in the states to pick it up.

Also are there any other forums for the z3 that are most frequilily visited?

I read that in 96 all the z3 where made in the US was this the same for all the years of the z3? (Im going to import it into canada and dont need to pay duty on cars manufacted within the states).

Any helpful information/sites would be greatly appreciated. I cant wait to join your community.