Poor Climate Control Performance (A/C)

530i owners,

I find that my climate control in my 2004 E60, and especially the air conditioning is slow to control temperature. It commonly takes 5 minutes before cold air is delivered after the air conditioning is engaged; we’re only talking about San Diego, not Phoenix. I have recently had this car to the dealer at 40K and it was said to be functioning normally.

I have never owned or rented another vehicle that has A/C that is so slow to come to life. Do others have the same experience?

My 2006 330i and 2007 X5 3.0si and 2008 X5 4.8i all had/have horrible AC. If you read other BMW forums, or visit chat rooms, almost all "new" models have poor AC. It is software related, and the dealership's hands are pretty much tied. Sorry!

Almost all "new" models have poor AC

If haven't read the other BMW forums, or visited the chat rooms until now. My
530i is a recently purchased pre-owned.

If, as you say almost all "new" models have poor AC, and it is software related, then the dealerships need to be more proactive. Thanks for you reply.

Maybe a letter to Roundel is in order.

If haven't read the other BMW forums, or visited the chat rooms until now. My
530i is a recently purchased pre-owned.

If, as you say almost all "new" models have poor AC, and it is software related, then the dealerships need to be more proactive. Thanks for you reply.

Maybe a letter to Roundel is in order.

I know quite a few owners with new models, and they think their A/C is fine, but just as many who think it is acceptable, find their's unacceptable. Our last 4 new BMWs (330i, X5, X5, and 750Li) the A/C has been for sure subpar. Sorry