Quality MicroFiber Benefits

Microfiber Benefits

• Microfiber is hypoallergenic, thus not creating problems with those suffering from
allergies or asthma.

• Microfiber is super absorbent, absorbing over 7 times it’s weight in water
The two main factors which make microfiber so absorbent are the thinness of the fibers combined with the split wedge shaped fiber construction, creating a rapid capillary action to absorb fluids as well as a massive surface area which can hold much greater quantities of liquid.

• Microfiber dries in 1/3 the time of ordinary cleaning towels.

• Microfiber is environmentally friendly.

• Microfiber is over 4 times more effective than ordinary cleaning towels.

• "Quality" Microfiber is totally lint free and non-abrasive.

Not all Microfiber is created equal. There are different blends, weaves and quality.
As with anything, imitation is the best form of flattery:)

The Market has become "Flooded" with cheap microfiber products that are literally dropped off from overseas by the boat load!
Because a product is labeled as "Microfiber", does not mean it is a quality product, no more than car quality is all the same.
"The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

It does not make sense to pay a large sum of money for an automobile, only to skimp on maintenance products for the large investment you just made.
I recommend using ONLY QUALITY parts on your vehicle..., whether we are speaking of oil, gasoline, filters, wax, engine parts, tires, polish or Microfiber. In most cases, your vehicle is your second largest investment(second only to your home). When it comes time to sell your automobile and it is in new condition, you will be able to sell for a higher price than if the automobile was "run down" and not maintained- (because you used quality products to maintain your engine, interior, running gear and painted finish, you will actually recoup the expenses you invested in maintaining "your ride", as well as looking good while you have owned your fine driving machine:)

Microfiber fabric is used to make a variety of cleaning implements such as
multi-purpose towels, window towels, polishing towels and drying towels,
"Quality" Microfiber is non-abrasive and cleans all kind of surfaces.
The fiber is woven into thousands of loops, creating a huge surface area, which trap bacteria, dust, dirt and grease.

How Microfiber Cleans-
When microfiber fabric is dry it cleans by static electricity and when used wet
it cleans by capillary force. As static and capillary forces do most of the cleaning work, the use of chemicals is minimized. Microfiber cloths don’t disinfect the surfaces that they clean; rather, they leave the surface virtually free of any foreign material.

When microfiber cloths are dry they are primarily used for dusting; buffing and polishing, however, when wet, they are more appropriate for cleaning. To wet a surface for cleaning, a spray bottle is used to apply a fine mist of water. This is very efficient as the cloths do most of the cleaning work. Microfiber cloths basically ‘grab’ and ‘hold’ all foreign material until they are laundered.

Cleaning with microfiber is simple, efficient and effective.
"Quality" Microfiber is tha safest "tool" to detail your cars finish.

Micro Fiber is a special construction of microfiber that forcesthousands of fiber points deep into surface areas. With minimum effort, these fiber points break down the heavy dirt and grease and lift it deep within the fiber like a magnet. This allows you to continuously clean without spreading dirt and grease to other areas.

If towel becomes too soiled, wash in your favorite detergent but NEVER use any type of fabric softener or bleach as it may cause the towel to be less effective.
Wash Microfiber seperately, you do not want to invite lint into the towels from "regular laundry"
I do not recommend drying in the dryer, hang drying keeps the towels lasting longer and performing better for extended durability.

Waynestowels.com
Towel spefications and suggested use-

The Waffle Weave (woven weaved, draw textured) is an 80/20 blend and excells in drying after washing, 24"x36"

Specialized (Zaino Approved) Glass Towel is 70/30 ( warp knit weaved, draw textured). It will prevent your glass from streaking or smearing when cleaning, also and will not lint like cheap towels.

The MicroFiber Applicator Pad is 70/30 (knit weaved, 100% microfiber filament yarn) and designed to NOT be absorbant, but instead to "hold" your polish, wax, sealant and glaze close to the surface, thus eliminating constant reapplication and saving on product use(great when usind high end products that you do not want to waste). T

Waynes Towels Exclusive (Zaino Approved) "Ultimate Plush" is a 75/25 Blend (waft knit), Very soft, lint free, scratch free and the finest polishing/buffing and quick detail on the market.

Last edited:
Excellent write-up. After using a chamois for 40+ years, I decided to go the microfiber towel route after taking delivery last August. I purchased a variety of them from Classic Motoring Accessories and all are great in helping me keep the car looking good. Some people buy the cheaper ones to save a few bucks, but I figure my $40K bimmer is worth buying the best.

Microfiber towels. I am a skeptic of some of the 'newer' technologies presented as the best way to do something. I've always felt that the old ways were superior to the newfangled stuff. My age must be showing.

Anyway, I ordered a set of different towels from Proper Auto Care. I was really surprised at how well the microfiber mitt worked to wash my car! I was also equally impressed at how the waffle towel dried the car. I use 2 towels. The first one to get most of the water off and the 2nd one to do a final dry. I was also impressed at how a slightly damp MF towel will clean the windshield without any streaks. It is also very useful to clean the rest of the interior without any worries of scratches or leaving a trail of lint behind.

I am now a believer in MF!

Johnny

Just as an update to the MicroFiber thing. I bought a package of the cheap MF hand towel size from Costco. I figured they would be great for door jams, trunks, around the house etc. Well, after using it the first time, they stunk!! They don't absorb very well, they feel cheap and leave a trail of MF bits & pieces. At least they didn't cost me a lot!

Johnny

epj3

johnnygraphic said:
Just as an update to the MicroFiber thing. I bought a package of the cheap MF hand towel size from Costco. I figured they would be great for door jams, trunks, around the house etc. Well, after using it the first time, they stunk!! They don't absorb very well, they feel cheap and leave a trail of MF bits & pieces. At least they didn't cost me a lot!

Johnny
I bought a relatively expensive pack of them at advance auto, and they worked great - so now i'm compelled to invest in some expensive towels since they do work!

RokleM

I just used my new towels last night for the first time, and let me tell you, I'm a changed man. The car really, really looks beautiful, and waxing went very well also. I plan on trying it on the rest of my cars to see if I see the same result.

I really enjoyed the change in drying process. I definitely understand the whole water absorption idea. The small little drying waffle towel holds more water than my huge fluffy bath towels.

I'm sold on the technology.

-RokleM