Atleast Lowen knows what he is talking about

I jsut gotta say, crook or not a crook, atleast he knows what he is talking about and has helped more people on here than i hever ever seen people get helped. I am grateful that he DID come onto this forum and HAS helped us, although i am NOT grateful to find out he is a crooked guy.

It's a shame Lowen, i really enjoyed your informative posts.

Speaking of shame, shame on those people who have nothing else better to do, but to bash that guy. Just makes you no better. Think about it. Not for one second would i trust any of you bashers out there now. A poor attitude is never rewarded.

Just my 2 cents.

junglestylz

1000 Post Club
I personally am ok with the fact that they did come on here and warn everybody about his sh!tty business ethics. That was the majority of the reason that he came on here was to sell parts. He did help, but he was probably trying to screw a bunch of us in the meantime. IMO

if you have a murderer, who helped a child to cross the street, does that make him a less bad person? that example is exaggerated, but it fits. he betrayed numerous members on many sites, he did not have his own knowledge, but used the one from others. okay we all do that sometimes, but we do not pretend it is our award.
sure, he may have helped members here, but he is a jerk.

furthermore i think there was no real bashing. it was just clarification what he is, what he does and how others know him. bashing would be to write some 150 posts saying how stupid he is.

just my 0.02$

Some DID bash, others didn't, i guess if he has a bad attitude he deserves it, as like i said "a bad attitude is never rewarded".

I am glad that i found out tho, because i was going to buy a bumper filler from him. All the better. :)

trent

Rukus said:
Speaking of shame, shame on those people who have nothing else better to do, but to bash that guy. Just makes you no better. Think about it. Not for one second would i trust any of you bashers out there now. A poor attitude is never rewarded.
It is quite a shame that you would not trust any of the "bashers" out there. We certainly did not "bash" him but wanted to help others. I think everybody else understands what we accomplished.

I noticed in almost every post Lowen made, he was trying to sell parts. All of his posts spoke to email him directly on parts or to go to his website. I try to look out for the E30 community. If somebody is scamming everybody, I should not be looked at as a "basher" for helping point them out, especially when someone has stolen thousands of dollars from fellow forumers.

So, "thinking about it" I do feel better, knowing that I helped fellow owners not get ripped off.

Always,
Trent
E30 M50
71 2002

5keta

You wouldn't trust the people who blew the whistle? Somehow I think I can live with that. [rolleyes]

You make it sound like he was minding his own business ( pun intended ) and we just came along and blew him out of the water. Look on Roadfly, his lies go back TWO YEARS. He owned Jeremy Cannings car. He owned a Itailian 320is. He is hand forming this. He is turbocharging that. His ex's dad has an evoII M3. Every single time, he dusts himself off and goes to a new forum. Persistent, I admire that, but he never changes the " I did this owned that. "

I can read websites on tech info and regurgitate it too.
You can do a search at other forums and get the same info he was giving.

Why don't we both do that? Well I am actively helpful on the boards I frequent. You are comfortable here. That's why.

The key here is you were accepting his information as the correct information. He has not tried several different spring rates. He never had a 4:45 rear gear in his 318i ( nor has it run since he ran out of oil ) There is no stable of cars he has honed his skill on, just a couple beat down e30's that never ran or don't any longer.

"What kind of springs should I buy?"
"Hey you all should get blibbity blab brand springs because I tried them out on the car I don't have and boy was I impressed. I just happen to carry them, lucky you!"

See how that works?

Trust me or don't, somehow I won't lose sleep knowing your money is safe, regardless of what you think of me.

My main beef is nothing represented on his site is actually his product. This goes all the way back to when I first got my E30 and a guy named Lindy in Norway MADE his own angel eyes about 3 months after the 5 got em. Then he posted a pic of what he had made and Lowen used those to represent his kit without Lindy's permission. Lindy told him to stop and that pic is still on his site. Along with numerous pics of Randy's car whom also told him to desist.

If the guy actually stopped all this we would leave him alone, he is no longer welcome on the old forums but nobody would bother him on new forums but since he continues his lies he deserves to be treated like he is.

If he was so innocent when why did he delete his posts and drop off the face of the earth? An inncoent man would not give up so easily.

(I was also one of those he was using my tech writeup as his own and then jumped down my throat for stealing it when I posted a peice of it on a fourm)

Last edited:

epj3

I've read on the DTM site that he has fuc*ed people for over $1,200. So it's okay for him to stay here becuase he helped a few people? Oh okay so those people he fu*ked off dont count...riight..

Well! i jsut thought you guys were being a little too harsh.

By the sounds of it he deserves everything that goes to him.
As for the term "Basher", used much too loosely and much to quickly.

I am man enough to apologize for my actions.

Come to think of it.... when i talked to him. He couldn't tell me dick all about the m10 engine found in the early 318i's. BMW's simplest e30 analog l-jetronic engine.

5keta

Rukus said:
Well! i jsut thought you guys were being a little too harsh.

By the sounds of it he deserves everything that goes to him.
As for the term "Basher", used much too loosely and much to quickly.

I am man enough to apologize for my actions.

Come to think of it.... when i talked to him. He couldn't tell me dick all about the m10 engine found in the early 318i's. BMW's simplest e30 analog l-jetronic engine.
No problem at all.

Hey, anything you want to know about the M10, just ask. I've owned many 2002's and an e21, same basic engine. I also owned a 323i euro, I am very adept with L-jet.

pogiboy9

Angel EYEs ? ... is that the ring around the Headlight ?...Ooh someone show me how to make them plz. .. hehehe...thats what i gotta say about lowen, is the same as you guys ....where as he did help a lot of people, even though i haven't been here long the post that he put sounded legit with the help ... so that sucks no company

He said they are a pain in the ass to make.

First you have to get some euro ellips becuase they have the glue that gets soft in the heat. Then you put them in the oven till they are almost to hot to touch. Then you should be able to pry the lense off. You might want to practice on a few chipped or broken ones first because he said he had a lot of trouble getting them free without damage.

A couple guys off roadfly have done this also, maybe they would have some better tips.

I think I will just stick to my Smoked Euro ellips with citylights. I have not seen another set of citylights in person but even hondas have angel eyes.

The secret to dealing with people online is try to dig up dirt before you trust them, its just the way it is. In many cases you are not the first person to run into them so usually you can find good feedback like BavAuto and bad feedback like countless others. And no offense to this site but there are a few sites (ones that we frequent) that are great for the e30 cars, mainly because they are strictly E30 sites. A lot of memebers both in US and internationally.

I wouldnt take offense if you asked around on other forums about me before buying something from me, because I know what people are going to say.

Last edited:
also lets save the follow up threads on the Lowen character. He has been exposed and if he has anything of his own to add he might come back online.

If he never comes back it just means nothing has changed.

well, i think it's too bad u wouldn't trust us... i can't understand why not, since we just helped out who knows who on here... i just don't see what we did to make you not trust us whatsoever... doesnt make any sense to me [confused]

but anyway, i can't change that fact other than just being myself & eventually earn your trust back

but, one point that i can rasie that will help you get over the exit of Lowen is the fact that a number of guys from e3s are now on here, like myself... and collectivly, we can probably answer more of your questions and be more helpful than Lowen could have done himself... i'm not saying we know everything, i'm just saying we know more than he probasbly does [:p]... i konw i've learned a POOPLOAD from e3s... and we probably wouldn't be here if we didn't find out about his presence here... i know that's why i found out about this forum, came over & started posting [wave]

and pogiboy... ryan ain't no savior or saint... he can't solve shit... post your troubles so i can try & help too [:D] (and ryan knows me & knows i'm skrewin w/ him... don't cha bro [;)] [wave] )

Re: Re: Atleast Lowen knows what he is talking about

trent said:

I noticed in almost every post Lowen made, he was trying to sell parts. All of his posts spoke to email him directly on parts or to go to his website. I try to look out for the E30 community. If somebody is scamming everybody, I should not be looked at as a "basher" for helping point them out, especially when someone has stolen thousands of dollars from fellow forumers.
I will admit that I do this a lot. However, there is a reason for it...and I try not to be pushy.

On the other hand...I also try to put out good information from personal experience, education I've had...or from someone else, while still giving them credit for it. Knowledge is a good thing...even if it is regurgitated, so long as it's source gets its due.

My business is new...not very many people know about me or my company. I visit the forums to try and get the word out, and try to help others at the same time. If people decide to buy from me I am grateful, but if not it's cool. My concern is that my business is licensed and legit. Lowen Design is not. He has scammed people for thousands of dollars, and then run with it. For that, his reputation should be ruined. Unless he makes restitution for the scams he's pulled, he deserves no less.

For those skeptical of me, or others claiming to have businesses...if you have any doubts whatsoever, by all means do a background check on them. Business licenses are publicly viewable documents, as are ficticious name statements. Mine are on file with the City of San Jose and the County of Santa Clara, CA.

Other good organizations you can check with:

Better Business Beaurau (spelling?)
SEMA
The businesses local Chamber of Commerce to see if there are any complaints.
Web forums...like this one, DTM Power, e30 Sport, RoadFly...etc
many many others.

Sorry about being such a post-whore. I just hate it when bad eggs ruin it for everyone else. (Puts the flame-resistent nomex suit [;)] )...

I trust you guys, don't worry. I just thought everyone was being so harsh to the guy, and thought it was unfair. I like to try to be fair, but sometimes i am a hypocrite.

Anyways, i am grateful we have people like you guys that are smart and nice enough to expose a guy when he is doing wrong.

Thank You.

Custom3,

I've been to your site. It's just a page that says your site is upgrading to new software and hasn't been updated in over three weeks. Hell, you could be Lowen on a new site!

[rofl]

When is your site gonna be up and running so we can see how you want to rip us off?

[joke]

Steve

bichmgnt said:
Custom3,

I've been to your site. It's just a page that says your site is upgrading to new software and hasn't been updated in over three weeks. Hell, you could be Lowen on a new site!

[rofl]

When is your site gonna be up and running so we can see how you want to rip us off?

[joke]

Steve
That hurts...[;)]