New USer!

pogiboy9

HEy everyone I'm a new user ^_^... Well basically heres the story i love BMW i mean i love it .... ^_^. My dad is a master mechanic, and he's always wanted me to join him. But i'm a computer Buff ^_^ i love cars and all and sounds really fun to tune them and work on them just like i work on my computers, don't get me wrong i'm no scrawny geek, but hi everyone hope i get replies from everyone!. First off My first car was a 1982 320i, with a rebuilt 1.8L, dad rebuilt it, and it got totalled couple months ago, now my dad somehow got the car of my dreams ^_^, the 325e 1984, it was stocked up in some guy's garage and u know even i know that does to the car, well so far we've got it running , changed the timing, oil, brakes, cleaned it ... needs more on the body but, i've been reading up on beginning tunes for me, i plan to get the Cone filter and installe intake and make my own heatshield, and also install a new ECU, i heard DInan was good ? , but i don't want to spend too much, so basically Hi! hahaha, and i have many questions....about the free flow exhaust not familiar with all this stuff yet but getting there thnx!

pogiboy9

So what do you Recommend?

So what do you recommend? .... I mean the works, for the buck. I'm not rich i just graduated High School who's looking for an investment hobby thing you know?... So what kind of chip should i read up or look toward at ? and what you think about the exhaust system? ... what kind of exhaust

pogiboy9

Hehe Lowen i've been to your site and i plan to keep on going there ... first time i visted i didn't thoroughly go through it due to the dL time and lag :(.... well maybe you can give me your email and allow me to email you questions directly or any other way of contact thanx everyone ^_^ ... btw anyone near me ?.... by any chance hehehe... PHysical location that is

Lowen said:
Talk with the guys HERE as they will be able to hook ya up with a awsome chip and exhaust. Another thing to remember since your in CA is the SMOG stuff...
I talked with some guy named Adam from there, kinda strange but a nice guy......
J/k

:p

Lowen is extremely intelligent when it comes to Bimmers.

err your site doesn't show chips .. or the info to talk to anyone .. .lowen
Lowen, I noticed the same thing. The portion of your site that deals with engines, exhaust, and suspensions says it's not available yet. Any idea when you'll get it working? I'd be interested, as, I'm sure, others would, in checking out what you have to offer.

Steve

Lets get some tech info into this thread.

You have a 325e correct? For a 325e there is only one chip to buy, the Jim Conforti chip from Turner Motorports (http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/index.asp).
The chip cost 199 shipped so its the cheapest and Fred Kim has actually shown 22peak HP gain on a dyno (http://www.geocities.com/empower99/pictures/dynoday/dyno_sheet.jpg). The green is the before. His site has got some great info about his modified 325 http://www.geocities.com/empower99/.

As for suspension and looks its all subjective. Below is my 325e which is on a Racing Dynamics suspension (1.5" drop) and Alpina 16" wheels. Mine has been converted to Euro spec because I intend to build an Alpina replica car. I also have some engine mods listed on my site (nothing near what Fred has though [:(] )

Exhaust and intake are more placebos than anything else, but they sound cool.

Maybe more detail on what you intend with this car will help people make suggestions. [thumb]

Rukus said:
I've actually phoned Lowen on his 1 800 number, and talked to Lowen, from Lowen Design and Lowen International.
Fake? could be, but i talked to him.
Not to be a prude or anything...but do you really know how easy it is to get a 1-800 number? It isn't that difficult. Although..I am a bit curious to know if the town he's living in has his ficticious name statement and business license on file....;) I'm willing to bet they don't. Cuz the first thing the state would do is jail him for the amount of fraudulent transactions as he has made.

5keta

Rukus said:
I've actually phoned Lowen on his 1 800 number, and talked to Lowen, from Lowen Design and Lowen International.
Fake? could be, but i talked to him.
Adam Hanson is a real person. A really screwed up schizophreniac. Lowen Design WAS a legitimate business many years ago, it is a house of lies now. There is no body shop, no store front, no corral of Lowen cars, just a sad 20 yr old in his dad's garage.

pic doesn't work here darn...

Last edited:
Not to be a prude or anything...but do you really know how easy it is to get a 1-800 number? It isn't that difficult. Although..I am a bit curious to know if the town he's living in has his ficticious name statement and business license on file....;) I'm willing to bet they don't. Cuz the first thing the state would do is jail him for the amount of fraudulent transactions as he has made.
I don't think lack of a fictitious name statement would keep the state from prosecuting legitimate fraud. Someone just needs to complain to the state's attorney general office, especially if he doesn't have a fictitious name statement on file.

Steve